Resources – Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Before we get started, here are some important questions and facts concerning the FAA and current regulations in place concerning the operation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems. If your answer is YES to ALL of the questions below…
- Are you law enforcement, fire department, rescue organization or a government agency (federal entity; a state or U.S. territory government; or a political subdivision of a state government, U.S. territory government, or part of a Tribal Indian Government listed in the Robert T Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. § 5122))?
- Are you planning to fly on behalf of your government agency; meaning the mission you plan to fly meets the definition of a governmental function?
- Does your agency currently own (or plan to own) and operate its own equipment OR have an exclusive lease on it for more than 90 days?
- Does your drone weigh less than 55 pounds?
..then you have two options depending on your mission. You may operate under Public Aircraft Operation Certificate of Authorization (COA) OR the FAA’s Small UAS Rule (14 CFR part 107).
If you answered NO to ANY of the above questions…
- Are you a recreational Flyer and/or Modeler Community-Based Organization? source
If your answer is YES…
Where Can I Fly? source
- Can I become a Certificated Remote Pilot or Commercial Operator? source
- How to apply to become a Drone Pilot? source
- Public Safety Agencies and Government Organizations source
Please remember, this is only a brief summary of the regulations and laws concerning the operation of Unmanned Vehicle Systems.
LE Drones is dedicated to helping public service entities create, launch and scale their drone programs. Our services encompass everything an organization needs to manage hardware and logistics, and to guide field personnel toward successful operations.
We strongly recommend that ALL customers and drone operators purchase liability insurance for their UAS’s.
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have concerning the setup or operations of your UAS program.
Please complete our registration form for complete access to our products and services.
Update your mission goals today!